Friday, April 12, 2013

Standup For The Silent

        I know I haven't been on to me what feels like forever but I have a feeling not to many people read my blog. I guess that just means things are more private but thats not why I created it. I wanted a way to get what I had to say out there and I thought this would be the way to go.
        I decided I wanted to do a post for my Business class instead of a presentation. My class has to "create" a non-profit organization that helps those you need it. Some people think that if they stay quite things will get better and it will all go away. It's easy to think that because you have nothing to lose, I know because that was me, but I'm here to say that it wont. Thing either stay the same, you end up in the hospital or even worse... dead. Take Landen Pain for example... he was abused to the point were he couldn't take it anymore. Law enforcement did nothing to stop what was going on. I know most of this because my school counselor and teacher of this class made over half of the calls out of over 49 calls that were made to law enforcement. That should not happen and it's sad that it took a little boys death to abuse for people to realize that. 
        My organization will help this from ever happening again. All you have to do is talk to your school counselor or administration. They will inform me or one of my other volunteers. If your not comfortable talk to someone about what has been done to you, you can calls us personally. We will deal with any kind of abuse or bullying. No matter whose calling you will immediately talk to someone on our Board of Trustees:
                               Hannah Wick
                               Michael Winberg
                               Breann Zimmer
                               Kayla Fischer     
                               Bob Bednar
                               Jacqui Garrison 
        Don't stand there and let someone treat you horribly. Standup and talk get out there and don't be afraid. Standup For The Silent don't be a by-stander.  

No comments:

Post a Comment